6/18/2008

on customs, coughs and spinning


I don't really know where to start because there happened so much since the weekend, so I just start at the beginning:
Coming home from work two days ago I found a note in my letter box: please come by and see your local customs, we have something for you; yipeeyeah my spinning wheel, I knew it was my mother marion, it was my only remaining "christmas gift" =) but their business hours already passed so I couldn't really do anything besides listen to poor sweetheart, who has a bad cold. And I decided to pack a little 'get well package' for him and to mail it right after being at the customs yesterday.


Finishing work a little earlier than normal I started my way into nowhere: the customs office is at a very weird end of the world:

what lay behind - hmmmm


what was in front, the little white building is the office - even more hmmm


but the customs officers were really kind people, I had to explain what this kind of spinning wheel is being used for, since it doesn't look like any spinning wheel they knew, and when they decided it was a spinning tool and I had handed them the invoice and my paypal print out, I "only" had to pay customs duties (nineteen percent - wow)
and I went home, luckily with my new toy tucked under my arm and a little worried since I still needed to mail the get well package.
Coming home I found another note in my letter box that reminded me of what date it was, oops the 17th of june, there was something important on this day: which was the appointment I had with the chimneysweepers. Only one hour left before they would be here and I had to go to the post office (get well mail) and clean up my place, when I'm sewing there so much lying on the floor, one could call it a real mess, not something you show off to strangers, so speeding up everything.
Taking a few bad snippets with my camera of one of the things I added to boyfriends package (I can't really tell you anything about it, since he's reading my blog, but it's crochet and I will add as soon as he received the package and I will add it as a free pattern, just a little thing to bring joy to the world ^-^)

coming home again, thirty minutes left before the sweeps were coming, vacuum cleaning everything, washing the dishes, and hiding mountains of yarn (not that it would embarrass me, but it was a huge untidy mountain).

when they left I fell back onto the couch, saw my customs package again and unwrapped it once more. I started a try on it and it works great (as far as my little experience can tell), but I figured I would stop and try again later, my first yarn looks more like a felted string than yarn



and besides that I didn't do much, I knitted a few more rows on my waterfall stockings, but that's really all and not worth a new picture, I don't think it looks any different that last time I showed you.

1 Kommentar:

  1. cool, I've just ordered a kick spindle last week as well, can't wait to try it !! :-P

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.